- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…)points.
- Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Inspire Hotel’s HODs to further embed a revenue management culture.
- Advice and coach the client in other operational areas.
- Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 - 4 years of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required; additional languages an asset.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies.
- Must be EU Citizen or in possession Spanish work visa.
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and covering letters to [email protected]