DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING AND LANDSCAPE
JOB TITLE : Director of Engineer and Landscape
REPORTS TO : General Manager
The Pavilions Resort Phuket is the jewel of the Asian properties within a chain of boutique luxury hotels and residences located across Asia and Europe. To meet the needs of our rapidly growing business, we are looking for an exceptional Director of Engineering and Landscape with a passion for creativity, enhancing guest experiences, customer service and hospitality to join our team in Phuket. The position will report into the General Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Through effective management of team, ensures correct operation and maintenance of the mechanical, technical and electrical features of the hotel building and surrounding property.
- To manage departments employees in an effective manner to achieve the required standards of performance whilst being aware of employee relation matters to maintain good staff morale.
- Responds to requests for repairs promptly and executes relevant procedures for repair.
- Liaise closely with Management, including Financial Controller and Purchasing Manager on consideration of new and replacement equipments, furniture, building materials, new constructions and building alterations,
- Recommends changes, or more efficient use of Mechanical equipment. Tests numerous products and equipment, both new and those in use, to determine adaptability and suitability e.g cost effective use of light and power. Application of repairs procedures.
- Complies and executes an efficient preventative maintenance programme, ensuring that same is regularly implemented.
- Determines costs of recommended alterations, construction, preventative maintenance, repairs, etc. for budget purposes.
- Liaises closely with all Department Heads to ensure effective property maintenance, plans for alterations and co-ordinate special projects relevant to scope of responsibility.
- Conducts regular inspection tours throughout the hotel and grounds to check work quality and progress, and condition of building and equipment’s and checks the quality of finished work from department.
- Confers with outside contractors on installations and repairs, coordinating their work with Department Heads, and ensures the work in completed correctly.
- Be fully conversant with all regulations applicable to building codes, Fire and Health Department, and other applicable local government laws and regulations pertaining to the Ch. Engineers areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that all power consumption, water supply and treatment, and waste water/sewage, is maintained within the hotel environmental programmed, and make recommendations to management where improvements can be made to further enhance the hotels/companies environmental awareness.
- Establishes and administers correct work performance records and reports, inventory controls, work order procedures and relevant allocation of charges.
- Be fully conversant with all DH + R’s ‘Emergency Procedures’, and ensures all relevant safety equipment’s are regularly maintained and operable.
- Be responsible for Room and Public Area Refurbishment Programmed, including furniture and drapery repair and replacements.
- To train and supervise all employees within department to achieve standard of operation.
- To attend periodic meetings with other Department Heads and Executives to coordinate departments activities with other departments and hotel policies.
- Performs any other duties as deemed necessary and as requested by the GM or RM.
- Inspects villas, public areas, and nurseries to ensure plants are maintained according to hotel standards
- Ensure that all plants are replaced if not in good condition and ensure quality control on plants inventory
- Prepare a monthly report within the assigned area, planning and assessing improvement in standards, goals and costs
- Control and analyses within the assigned area, on an on-going basis and departmental costs
- Assists in the redesign and reorganization of specific areas of landscaping
- Bachelor degree in Engineeing is required;
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in similmar role
- Proven record in providing outstanding results.
- Previous hotel industry experience essential in a 4- 5 star luxury boutique hotel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English and Thai;
- Superior communication, management and team coordination skills
- Self-motivated and task oriented
- Superior sense of organization and adaption in a busy environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate business demands and guest needs
- Able to drive with license card guarantee
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and covering letters to [email protected]ionshotels.com